New Release: ThunderClaw (Alien Warrior)





A King, his commander, an Earthling and her kin.
Trekking through outer space to distant galaxies.
Feasts, a storm, annihilation and rebirth.
This tale is about the bonds between family and friends. A saga of the love between a woman and two aliens.

Warning: violence, profanity and sexual situations.

Well now, the second book in the Alien Warrior saga has finally been released. So sorry for the delay (I explained what happened a little here)! My husband dropped to his knees in thanks when I told him. I've been fretting over it for two years now. It's 6.99 USD before tax on Amazon Kindle.

This was my first time using the PreOrder function (something I was always skeptical about using as ebooks are unlimited and usually PreOrders are to ensure you get something of limited stock, Amazon have a robust recommendations system meaning you are notified in a number of ways when an author has a new book out, and lastly, PreOrders are counted towards your sales rank as normal sales, meaning there is no ranking boost on the day of release). Overall, it went better than I expected. I gave myself a target of 100 in two weeks (I really didn't think anybody would bother to PreOrder, and my report says 1227. So I was wrong. *hangs head in shame*

ThunderClaw is again a plus length novel considering its genre, but I loved the characters, and I had a whole new world to build up as it's a different species of alien. You'll be happy to know I corrected the formatting issues Venomous had in this book by using a cool publishing tool called Vellum. It vanquished the eye-bleeding days of pain I used to experience when formatting.

This is the first time I've written about bisexual main characters. I had significant leeway in how my characters expressed their sexuality as I wrote of an alien culture. There were no conventions on behaviour, nor worries over accurately conveying prejudices in society keeping me from creating the polyamorous relationship I did.

Venomous' central theme was liberation from slavery. ThunderClaw focuses more on emotional freedom and allowing yourself to heal after a traumatic breakup.

The working cover was also edited to make it look more like the alien in the story, which was fun, though having to get used to Adobe Photoshop since they change the user interface every five seconds is not fun.

The main hero of the third book was introduced as well. The third book will be called Hel Bhyr.

Now, as I enrolled the book in Kindle Unlimited, I spent the last few days trying to wrap my head around the increased level of uncertainty that comes with using the scheme. It worked well last time, so, naturally I thought to try it again, but I am quite anxious over the whole pages read thing. The book is 974 KENPC (166k word count, 595 print pages), which is Kindle's normalised page count. So, I sort of am guessing that every 1000 pages or so someone has a read the whole book? It's strange as I can no longer say with certainty how many people have borrowed it as opposed to buying it. I guess I can divide the final numbers, but that is just me assuming everyone read to the end of the book or the same amount of pages. It does in theory seem more fair for longer works, but I do wish there was a higher level of reporting that told you at the end of the month the unique readers who borrowed.

I've updated my website, something cleaner and less maintenance intensive. My new release newsletter will be going out on Friday early evening.

Fletcher. Out.

23 comments:

  1. Oh hot damn!!! Welcome back Ms. Fletcher! So so so damn happy that I'm literaly crying right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you're back.I needed a real sify romance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18.2.17

    It was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely am enthralled by everything you've written. I just wanted to take a second to thank you for your brilliant mind and unerring talent!
    I was in a crowded cafe when I saw ThunderClaw came out and I literally shrieked in excitement, startling the poor unsuspecting souls around me. Ok, so maybe I'm easily amused but I felt like I found a winning lotto ticket in the pocket of a jacket I hadn't worn in a year, ya know? I absolutely loved it, thank you!
    Oh, and on a side note, I appreciate that this was available through Kindle Unlimited, but I will also be buying it as a permanent fixture so I can keep enjoying it in the future, as I did with Venomous because they are sooooo good. I believe many of your fans will do the same even if the checkout option is available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for commenting, and I'm so glad you enjoyed what I did with the book. I get that same reaction when an author I like has something new out :)

      It's good to hear your thoughts about Kindle Unlimited. I'm on the fence about using it after this as the Pages Read thing (authors are paid less than half a penny per page) really isn't about paying writers fairly as much as it's about the retailer imposing control on content in a non-traditional fashion.

      But comments like this make me think again.

      Delete
  5. Miss Fletcher.
    I'm new to this genre. In fact, I'm new to reading after a decade of not even touching a book.
    I picked up VENOMOUS and then immediately continued onto THUNDERCLAW. Read through them at breakneck speed.
    I bow to you. You've brought me such joy.
    I look forward to more alien warrior books with voracious hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIES SERIES! Can wait for hel bhyr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous17.11.17

    I loved the first two books in this series I found them very refreshing and new in a market with so many repeating themes I am waiting with baited breath for hel bhyr keep up the good work ms.fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ms Fletcher,
    Any chance this book could become a kindle unlimited item in France?

    Thanks a lot for your time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3.1.18

    Ms Fletcher,
    I am waiting with nail biting anticipation for Hel Bhyr! If you are releasing it on kindle in 2018 pleaseeee let your fans know. Just can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous31.1.18

    Please let us know when you are planning to release Hel Bhyr I don't think I've ever anticipatingly waited for something like this EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on pins and needles waiting for Hel Bhyr. :) I can't wait!

      Delete
  11. Please pleasr please. Book 3. I'm dieing out here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your books.
    Thank you for your time and effort in creating such wonderful adventures.
    Looking forward to Hel Bhyr.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been so long. I am praying you release the next Dragon souls book. I have been on pins and needles. I love everything you that you have written so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you're doing well, as well as hoping your life is going great! Please be safe and look out for your health! We dont really get any updates from you, so it can be a little worrying at times, so all I can really do is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished reading Burn. I really, really hope the next book, Ash, comes out soon. Is there another Facebook page for you? Went to the one from Amazon but noticed there was nothing after 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any news on the third installment of the series?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please release book 3 soon!!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous26.2.19

    Just re-read Venomous and Thunderclaw, I love how long these books are and as much as I can't wait for the third I can imagine it takes a lot of time, so I only check for news every few months or so haha. I'm seriously looking forwards to the third book though. :D I can't describe how fed up of human like aliens (just purple skin or something) I am in other books, so these are brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just finished Thunderclaw after reading Venomous. I bought both books. Can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lemme help you, dear.
    You're definitely possessed
    withe spirit of the world.
    Here...
    Tthis'll help you to choose...

    ReplyDelete

Ta!